The provincial government of Davao del Sur is preparing for the second round of relief goods distribution to the 232 barangays in the province.
There were 14 teams created by the provincial government, together with the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (PDRRMO), Provincial Social Welfare and Development office (PSWDO), to reach out to families who are severely affected by the pandemic.
A total of P24.5 million fund was earmarked for the food distribution to the nine municipalities and one city in Davao del Sur.
Geraldine Lano, the provincial social welfare and development officer, said the budget was only good for 49,000 families. Fortunately, they are able to maximize their resources so that they distributed relief goods to 51,356 families.
They coordinated with the barangay officials to make sure the goods are delivered door-to-door to ensure social distancing, and also prevent duplication of distribution. (Eureka Rafailes and Alleiah Igbalic/AdDU Interns)
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories