The provincial government of Davao del Sur is preparing for the second round of relief goods distribution to the 232 barangays in the province.
There were 14 teams created by the provincial government, together with the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (PDRRMO), Provincial Social Welfare and Development office (PSWDO), to reach out to families who are severely affected by the pandemic.
A total of P24.5 million fund was earmarked for the food distribution to the nine municipalities and one city in Davao del Sur.
Geraldine Lano, the provincial social welfare and development officer, said the budget was only good for 49,000 families. Fortunately, they are able to maximize their resources so that they distributed relief goods to 51,356 families.
They coordinated with the barangay officials to make sure the goods are delivered door-to-door to ensure social distancing, and also prevent duplication of distribution. (Eureka Rafailes and Alleiah Igbalic/AdDU Interns)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1