The city government has already distributed a total of 788,656 grocery packs to Davaoeños since the lockdown in March.
Now on its second round, the city government is about to hit its target of 428,571 grocery packs with only 46 barangays left to cover.
As of May 5, 2020, the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) has distributed around 360,085 grocery packs to 136 barangays in the city. The agency has targeted to distribute 428,571 grocery packs in both first and second rounds.
In the first round, CSWDO hit the same target and covered the 182 barangays in the city.
Meanwhile, the City Agriculturist Office and City Veterinary Office continue to distribute fresh farm products to families without ration cards.
Since the beginning of the distribution, the program already covered 45,907 beneficiaries in 16 barangays – Tibungco, Daliao, Lubogan, Toril Poblacion, Crossing Bayabas, Lizada, Calinan Poblacion, Bago Oshiro, Los Amigos, Buhangin Proper, Cabantian, Tigatto, Ilang, 76-A, Mintal, and Leon Garcia.
The agri-vet packs include fresh vegetables, pork or chicken, fish, cooking oil, milk, and eggs sourced from Davao farmers.
The City Mayor’s Office Quick Response Team (CMO-QRT), which caters to beneficiaries excluded in the food ration and agri-vet distribution, has released 3,448 relief packs. These are donated goods from the private sector that have been repacked by the team.
Mayor Sara Duterte said the city government will distribute the repacked goods as the donations continue to trickle in. (With Kay P. Necesito/ADDU intern)
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead