The individuals displaced by a massive fire in Barangay Ilang, Bunawan District last week will be tested randomly for COVID-19.
Mayor Sara Duterte, in an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday, said that the City Health Office has deployed its personnel to the evacuation center where the estimated 400 families were temporarily sheltered.
“These affected families will be scheduled to a random case finding since there have been cases of (COVID-19) patients in their area,” she said.
On Wednesday, April 29, a fire gutted several houses at the New Society Village in Barangay Ilang. Fortunately, no fatalities were reported during the fire incident
With this, the city government has to make sure that proper protocols, such as social distancing, are being employed in their evacuation area. The fire victims are now being assisted by the City Social Welfare and Development Office.
Duterte said that they have implemented health measures for the families affected by the fire. Barangay officials in Ilang have prepared areas that would serve as the victims’ temporary shelters.
A temporary shelter was also established for the fire-affected families supposedly observing strict quarantine measures against COVID-19.
Duterte said the CSWDO already distributed 350 kilos of meat products and 2,500 packs of various vegetables and fruits. Grocery packs were also given to the affected families. The victims were also served with hot meals by the CSWDO during their stay in the evacuation center.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos