A 46-year-old taxi driver was arrested by elements of the Toril Police Station in a buy-bust operation on Thursday evening.
He was identified as Nihimias Avila, a resident of Batulosa, Barangay Bangkas Heights in Toril.
According to Maj. Jason Baria, Toril Police Station commander, the suspect was caught selling one sachet of suspected shabu to a police officer who acted as the poseur-buyer.
Recovered from his possession were three sachets of alleged shabu and one QNET cellular phone. The total estimated street value of the drug reached P8,000.
Baria said the suspect was named in the Directorate for Intelligence watchlist. He was reportedly supplying taxi drivers in Toril District.
Avila is currently detained in the Toril Police Station while a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is prepared against him.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized