A 46-year-old taxi driver was arrested by elements of the Toril Police Station in a buy-bust operation on Thursday evening.
He was identified as Nihimias Avila, a resident of Batulosa, Barangay Bangkas Heights in Toril.
According to Maj. Jason Baria, Toril Police Station commander, the suspect was caught selling one sachet of suspected shabu to a police officer who acted as the poseur-buyer.
Recovered from his possession were three sachets of alleged shabu and one QNET cellular phone. The total estimated street value of the drug reached P8,000.
Baria said the suspect was named in the Directorate for Intelligence watchlist. He was reportedly supplying taxi drivers in Toril District.
Avila is currently detained in the Toril Police Station while a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is prepared against him.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market