Wilcon Depot, the country’s leading home improvement and construction supply retailer, has supported Project Ugnayan by donating an amount of 25 million in hopes to provide additional assistance to millions of families and communities affected by the quarantine in Metro Manila.
The fund raising program is a collaboration between top business groups in cooperation with the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation (PDRF) that supports the Filipinos in need to get through the month-long enhanced community quarantine. The accumulated funds will be used to distribute gift certificates and grocery support to poor families whose source of living has been affected by the current situation.
The company has also been continuously working their way to support the frontline workers for their courage and heartfelt efforts to fight the battle against COVID-19.
Wilcon has donated 16,000 personal protective equipment (PPE), 60,000 face masks, and bicycles through Go Negosyo, in collaboration with the Project Kaagapay: Protect our Healthcare Heroes. The medical equipment will be distributed to different hospitals across Metro Manila.
Moreover, Wilcon has also extended their relief efforts to ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation and GMA Kapuso Foundation amounting to 20 million pesos to help provide basic medical supplies for the frontline workers as well as supply food and basic needs to different communities around Metro Manila.
For more updates about Wilcon, you can log on to www.wilcon.com.ph and follow their social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram at @wilcondepot.ph.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021