Four suspects in selling overpriced ethyl alcohol were arrested in an entrapment operation near NCCC Victoria Plaza, Barangay 20-B, at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the names of the suspects are withheld so that they could arrest their accomplices in a follow-up operation.
The DCPO Special Operation Group received information on alleged selling of overpriced ethyl alcohol. They immediately launched an operation to catch the perpetrators.
An undercover operative was able to purchase 100 gallons of ethyl alcohol (at 18 liter per gallon) for P370,000. The suspects reportedly sold each gallon for P3,700, which was higher than the suggested retail price of P3,312, under the Department of Health Memorandum Circular 2020- 0186 and 144-A.
Recovered from them were 132 gallons of disinfectants, the boodle money along with the dusted P500 bill, and the L300 van used by the suspects.
The entrapment operation was launched by personnel of the Special Operation Group, led by Maj. Milan Naz; City Intelligence Unit, led by Lt. Col. Noel Asumen; Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit, led by Maj. Milgrace Driz; Philippine Air Force, led by 1Lt. Manny Lirazan, and the Office of the President, led by Christopher Castro.
The suspects are now detained in the DCPO while awaiting the charge to be filed against them.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021