Wilcon Depot, the Philippines’ leading home improvement and construction supply retailer, has continuously supported frontline workers during the month-long enhanced community quarantine in Luzon.
The frontline workers who continue in fighting the battle against the COVID-19 in the country received a diverse amount of support from different organizations including Wilcon Depot.
Through a collaboration with the Project Kaagapay: Protect our Healthcare Heroes, Wilcon has donated 16,000 personal protective equipment (PPE) and 60,000 face masks through GoNegosyo. The medical equipment will be distributed to different hospitals across Metro Manila that will help the brave frontline workers in minimizing the risk of exposure from the deadly virus.
Moreover, due to the implemented quarantine, all public vehicles were put on hold. This became one of the major problems of most healthcare workers on how they will be able to go to the hospitals without any form of transportation. With this, Wilcon Depot donated bicycles through Go Negosyo to provide better convenience for frontliners travelling everyday to get to work.
The efforts of the company has already helped thousands of Filipino families and frontline workers with the initial donation of 20 million pesos to support ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation and GMA Kapuso Foundation in their programs to help provide basic medical supplies for the health and safety workers as well as supply food and basic needs to poor families whose source of living has been affected by the enhanced community quarantine.
For more updates about Wilcon, you can log on to www.wilcon.com.ph and follow their social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram at @wilcondepot.ph.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant