The vendor who tested positive for COVID-19 was not selling at the Bankerohan Public Market.
Barangay 5-A chief Edgar Ibuyan Jr. told TV Patrol Southern Mindanao that the female vendor sold spices at the Pag-Asa, Marfori wet market, which is privately owned. The vendor was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center.
Meanwhile, her husband and two kids are now quarantined in their house. Health officials are still investigating the possible source of infection.
Mayor Sara Duterte, in an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio on Tuesday, confirmed that a market vendor was the latest confirmed case for Davao City.
But she did not reveal whether the vendor was tested during the random testing conducted by the Department of Health personnel last week or submitted itself to any COVID-19 healthcare facilities in the city.
“I always reiterated my warning to you all, to refrain from going back to palengkes (wet markets) and supermarkets if you can because there are several people in those places, therefore, there will be a potential infection,” she said.
She said that, if possible, buy stocks for several days so they do not have to go to the grocery stores or wet markets frequently. Also, they should purchase non-perishable products for now so they would last a long time.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month