The Francisco Bangoy International Airport started to put markings in preparation for the implementation of the “new normal” once it resumes operations.
Maj. Ronel Tesorero, the assistant chief of the Aviation Security Unit (AvSeU), told TIMES that the airport security committee convened on Tuesday and discussed the implementation of social distancing beyond the enhanced community quarantine.
They talked about security measures, social distancing, and new drop-off lanes for the private vehicles and taxicabs, and the strict implementation of the no send-off parties for the passengers.
Last April 22, the airport police started the installation of a language translation app to help them communicate with visiting tourists who have difficulty in English.
Also, the airport police station had coordinated with airport security for the observance of social distancing inside the terminal building.
As directed by the airport manager, the airport terminal-in-charge already arranged the benches in the waiting lounges to meet the standard of social or physical distancing.
Engr. Rex A. Obcena, Davao airport manager, called for an emergency meeting of concerned government agencies on April 21 to anticipate possible eventualities during the implementation of the new normal.
They discussed during the meeting:
A. How all flights shall be regulated and controlled
B. All waiting lounges shall be maximized to follow social and physical distancing.
C. Possible utilization of the old Davao international airport passenger terminal to accommodate passengers of delayed flights
D. Utilization of the newly widened drop-off lane where all private vehicles shall only utilize Lane 1 in dropping off their passengers.
E. There shall be a Davao International Airport Police station uniformed personnel manning the epidemic prevention stations to assist the Bureau of Health Quarantine personnel.
F. The declaration of the city government that no well-wishers and welcome party shall be allowed inside the landside area will still be followed.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success