The 4th Infantry Division honored a fallen soldier who paid the ultimate sacrifice during an encounter with the terrorist Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) in Barangay Danag, Patikul, Sulu.
The body of Cpl. Premark Vallecer was brought to the Camp Evangelista headquarters in Patag, Cagayan de Oro City. His remains were then transported through the C-295 cargo plane to the Libingan ng mga Bayani in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City for burial.
Lt. Col. Xerxes Trinidad, the 4th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said, “Our young brave hero was a native of Kibawe, Bukidnon and the eldest son in his family.”
Vallecer was assigned to the 21st Infantry Battalion of the 11th Infantry Division. He was one of the 11 soldiers who were killed during a fierce firefight with the terrorists, which lasted for an hour in the hinterlands of Sitio Lubong, Barangay Danag, Patikul, Sulu last April 17, 2020.
“We are thankful to the soldiers of 4ID for taking care of us and for facilitating our safe travel from our home going to the airport. We truly appreciate their efforts considering that our son was not from the said division,” Mauro Vallecer, the father, said.
“We agreed to let his remains be buried in the heroes’ cemetery even though it will be hard for the family to visit him because it was his (Premark) wish even before he entered the military service,” the father added.
Maj. Gen. Franco Nemesio Gacal, commander of the 4th ID, expressed his sincerest condolences to the bereaved family and assured them that their son is a hero for his selfless service to God, country, and the Filipino people.
“The diamond troopers mourn the loss of a young brother, a noble soldier, whose actions in the field serve as an inspiration to all of us. In a simple but meaningful way, we offer our final salute and honor his deeds,” Gacal said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market