Two beneficiaries of the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) were arrested by the Bunawan police in a drug buy-bust in Cal 2 Village, Purok 4, Tibungco at 3 p.m. on Monday.
They were identified as Abdullah Ismail, 28, married, and Analie Cornetes, 37, single, both residents of the place.
Maj. Noel Villahermosa, the station commander of Bunawan Police Station, said the suspects were apprehended after Ismail allegedly handed over a sachet of shabu to the poseur-buyer. Reportedly, Cornetes received the P500 marked bill.
Another sachet containing alleged shabu was also confiscated from the two suspects.
“Supposedly today (April 28) they will receive SAP assistance,” He said.
For now, the suspects are detained in the Bunawan Police Station while a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 are being prepared against them.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories