Two beneficiaries of the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) were arrested by the Bunawan police in a drug buy-bust in Cal 2 Village, Purok 4, Tibungco at 3 p.m. on Monday.
They were identified as Abdullah Ismail, 28, married, and Analie Cornetes, 37, single, both residents of the place.
Maj. Noel Villahermosa, the station commander of Bunawan Police Station, said the suspects were apprehended after Ismail allegedly handed over a sachet of shabu to the poseur-buyer. Reportedly, Cornetes received the P500 marked bill.
Another sachet containing alleged shabu was also confiscated from the two suspects.
“Supposedly today (April 28) they will receive SAP assistance,” He said.
For now, the suspects are detained in the Bunawan Police Station while a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 are being prepared against them.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online