An emergency quarantine facility was constructed in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario Panacan in anticipation of a surge in patients.
The 15-bed facility was constructed for two weeks by the 534th Engineering Battalion, through the assistance of the San Miguel Corp., Eastern Mindanao Command, and Naval Forces Eastern Mindanao.
Lt. Col Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of EMC, said the facility aims to declog the hospitals and other government facilities in the region, particularly Davao City.
Meanwhile, the engineering battalion is working with the Tactical Operations Wing to build a 25-bed quarantine facility in Southern Philippines Medical Center. Also pitching in are the WTA Architecture/DEQA Design Collaborative and A Generous Davao.
As of April 26, 2020, the construction is 70% complete and is expected to be turned over before the end of this month.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market