An emergency quarantine facility was constructed in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario Panacan in anticipation of a surge in patients.
The 15-bed facility was constructed for two weeks by the 534th Engineering Battalion, through the assistance of the San Miguel Corp., Eastern Mindanao Command, and Naval Forces Eastern Mindanao.
Lt. Col Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of EMC, said the facility aims to declog the hospitals and other government facilities in the region, particularly Davao City.
Meanwhile, the engineering battalion is working with the Tactical Operations Wing to build a 25-bed quarantine facility in Southern Philippines Medical Center. Also pitching in are the WTA Architecture/DEQA Design Collaborative and A Generous Davao.
As of April 26, 2020, the construction is 70% complete and is expected to be turned over before the end of this month.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021