Army personnel manning the checkpoints in the region remained to be healthy and in high spirits.
Like healthcare workers and essential workers, soldiers are also vulnerable to infection because they play a frontline role in the government’s response against the COVID-19 pandemic.
“So far, they are doing well, as of this date no one was infected with the virus,” Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesman of Eastern Mindanao Command, said. “Units are managing their personnel to preserve our force.”
Soldiers are assisting various local government units in enforcing the community quarantine, and line government agencies, as well as the private sector, in deliver cash subsidies or relief goods to beneficiaries.
Also, Lt Col. Xerxes Trinidad, the 4th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said, that they still have zero cases among their personnel.
“Our soldiers are still COVID-19 free,” Trinidad said.
Meanwhile, Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said they haven’t monitored a single soldier who has become sick while in the performance of duty.
“The personal protective equipment was provided and other essential equipment,” Lamosao said.
Recently, the Armed Forces of the Philippines said 22 soldiers in the country have been diagnosed with coronavirus disease. There were also 111 soldiers and four dependents who are considered as probable cases, while 141 soldiers and 21 dependents were considered suspected cases.
At the AFP Medical Center in Quezon City, there were 20 soldiers who were confined and have later recovered.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos