The Department of Health (DOH) has recorded four new cases of COVID-19 in Davao City bringing the total to 124 in Region XI.
Based on the report released by DOH-Davao Center for Health Development (DCHD) as of 5 p.m. on Sunday, Davao City now has 108 cases from the previous count of 104 cases reported on April 24.
Of these cases, four patients were reported to have successfully recovered bringing a total of 69 COVID-19 patient recoveries. One patient, however, was reported to have died. The virus has now claimed 18 lives in Davao City.
Currently, around 16 areas in Davao City have already been subjected to community lockdowns to slow down the rate of infection.
It can be recalled that on April 21, the city government has ordered a lockdown of communities in some barangays due to a number of confirmed cases in the area, which included Purok 8 in Barangay 21-C, and Purok 3,4, and 7 in Barangay 23-C.
Meanwhile, on April 22, the city government has also identified two more areas subject for lockdown, particularly the barangays of Leon Garcia in Agdao District and Dalio in Toril District. This prompted the local government to boost its community finding through random testing to locate more people who might have contracted the virus.
In an interview on Saturday, Mayor Duterte revealed that out of the 62 individuals randomly tested in barangay Leon Garcia and barangay 23-C, four were confirmed positive for COVID-19.
“Out of the 15 (individuals), there were three found positive in (barangay) Leon Garcia and one tested positive from the 47 (individuals) in Isla Verde in Barangay 23,” Duterte said, pointing out that one of the four individuals are asymptomatic.
Davao City has extended the implementation of enhanced community quarantine on the recommendation of the national government’s Inter-Agency Task Force for Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID).
On Friday, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque announced the extension of the ECQ until May 15 in the identified high-risk areas for COVID-19 infection, including three areas in Davao region – Davao City, Davao del Norte, and Davao de Oro.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market