The city government committed to assist stranded individuals who wish to return to their respective towns, cities and province. if they are allowed entry by their local governments.
However, Mayor Sara Duterte said that they should make sure that they would be allowed entry by their local governments or they would have somewhere to stay there. Once they leave Davao City, they could never come back until the lockdown is lifted.
“We have no problem if you go outside Davao City. We can assist you but please make sure that you are allowed to enter the areas where you are returning home,” she said.
She also said that individuals stranded in Davao City will be given the contact details for them to be assisted. The contact details will be given by the city government through their official social media accounts.
Meanwhile, Davaoeños who are stranded outside the region cannot enter the city yet because the national government has only opened airports and seaports for the movement of goods only.
She said the city government initially prepared teams and a system to help stranded people outside the region to return home to Davao City. This plan has to be set aside after the national government put Davao City and several other cities and provinces under an extended enhanced community quarantine.
She emphasized the need to comply with the national government’s guidelines.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success