Mayor Sara Duterte visited four quarantine control points in Toril District on Sunday morning. She also thanked all the frontliners for continuing to enforce the enhanced community quarantine.
Maj. Jason Baria, the commander of the Toril Police Station, said the mayor had expressed her gratitude to the troops in the ground manning the control points in Upper Baracatan, Baracatan Proper, Task Force Sirawan, and the GTH control points.
“She also passed by the Lubugan control point, Sirawan advance post, and the public market control point. She did not inspect the public market anymore,” he added.
Purok Lipadas under Barangay Daliao is the only area in Toril district that is under lockdown because of the confirmed COVID-19 case.
Meanwhile, residents of Toril have initiated a street lockdown, prohibiting outsiders from entering their respective areas.
Baria said this is strictly the initiative of the residents. The police are not authorized to lock down without asking for permission first. However, he said that the streets should be manned by volunteers because they are not allowed to infringe on the movement of people and vehicles.
“That is why those post should have volunteers 24/7,” he added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories