AN ORDER PROVIDING FOR THE EXTENSION OF THE ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE AND OTHER ACTIVITIES THEREAFTER
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization declared a pandemic on the spread of the Covid-19 infection;
WHEREAS, President Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation 922 on March 8, 2020 to put the country in a State of Public Health Emergency in relation to National Security;
WHEREAS, President Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation 929 on March 16, 2020 and declared a State of Calamity in the entire country for a period of six months;
WHEREAS, Section 16 of Republic Act No. 7160 also known as the Local Government Code provides that within their respective territorial jurisdictions, local government units shall ensure and promote health and safety and preserve the comfort and convenience of their inhabitants;
WHEREAS, the Epidemiologist and Infectious Disease Specialist doctors demand that people stay in their houses to arrest the spread of infection;
WHEREAS, it becomes necessary to extend the enhanced community quarantine to abide by the order of the National Government’s Inter-Agency Task Force for Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IMF-MEID) Resolution No. 28 specifically provision B (3);
Now, THEREFORE, I, SARA Z. DUTERTE, Mayor of the City of Davao, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the following:
SECTION 1. ECQ. The Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) shall be extended until 11:59PM of 15 May 2020 or until sooner lifted;
SECTION 2. ADOPTION. The provisions in Executive Orders 23, 23-A, and 23-B are hereby adopted.
SECTION 3. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE. If any provision of this Executive Order is declared invalid or unconstitutional, the other provisions not affected thereby shall remain valid and subsisting.
SECTION 4. REPEALING CLAUSE. All orders or parts thereof which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Executive Order are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 5. EFFECTIVITY. This order shall take effect immediately .
Done thls 27th of April 2020 in Davao City, Philippines.
SARA Z. DUTERTE
ZULEIKA T. LOPEZ
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021