Local businesses need to innovate in order to survive the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The major response to new normal and new operating environment is innovation, as new challenges in the market, and remain profitable under new operating conditions as we recover from and maintain precautions amid the COVID 19 pandemic,” said John Carlo Tria, president of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (DCCCII).
He cited as example companies that switched to the online platform by selling their services on social media or mobile applications. Meanwhile, restaurants and local hotels that offer their menu for takeout like Marco Polo Davao are some of the notable innovations.
The real estate sector has adjusted to this new normal, as well, by responding to the need for connected and integrated living in the designs.
“I think new township developments that integrate residential, commercial and institutional facilities like supermarkets, hospitals, offices, and schools (are) like the ones that buyers will take a good look at,” Tria said in an online forum hosted by Prime Philippines last Friday.
Government agencies, such as the Department of Agriculture, have innovated as well through new projects like the Plant Plant Plant Program or Ahon Lahat, Pagkain Sapat Kontra COVID-19, and Kadiwa.
Kadiwa is a DA program that addresses different needs of the consumers through three platforms: Kadiwa Retail, Kadiwa On Wheels, and Kadiwa Online.
The DCCCII also showed innovation through its new project, Bankerohan on Wheels: DCCCII Tulong-Bayan Program, a mobile market that benefits both vendors and consumers by providing a market opportunity and accessibility to goods.
“Innovation sometimes means making changes in the way we do business to ensure the survival and recovery. As a chamber, we commit to help companies innovate through the innovation programs we are doing with the Department of Trade and Industry through the Regional Inclusive Innovation Center,” Tria said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market