A soldier died when members of the Army’s Army’ 97th Infantry Battalion clashed with a group of New People’s Army in Brgy Balukbahan, Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur Friday.
Although he did not identify the soldier who died, Lt. Col. Manaros Boransing II, commander of the unit that the soldier was badly wounded during the class and died four hours later while he was being airlifted.
Major Arvin Encinas, spokesperson of Western Mindanao Command, the soldiers have been pursuing the rebels.
On Tuesday, the same military unit also recovered guns and an improvised explosive device.
Major General Generoso M. Ponio, commander of the 1st Infantry Division, vowed to sustain the operations to defeat to free the province of the rebels.
“We extend our deepest sympathies to the bereaved family and friends of our soldier who paid the ultimate sacrifice in protecting our people against the terrorist group”, said Ponio.
“His sacrifices were borne out of his dedication to protect the constituents of Zamboanga del Sur in pursuit of peace and development”, he added as more soldiers were sent to run after the rebels.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market