The city government has urged school authorities to prepare for a stay-at-home mode of classes as the school opening in June approaches.
Mayor Sara Duterte said in an interview on Thursday that her call is to prepare the academic institutions given the indefinite duration of the community quarantine measures being implemented in the city.
“We are advising all educational institutions to prepare your online classes, distanced learning, offline, and take-home modules until July 31, 2020,” she said.
Mayor Duterte said that the opening of classes may probably be in August. “The doctors, however, cannot definitely say it will resume on August,” she added.
Mayor Duterte said that the two months of stay-at-home mode of learning for the students before August is to ensure that the students will still continue with their education even with the implementation of quarantine measures.
The city government was supposed to lift the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) on April 26, but the national government announced on Friday the extension of the ECQ until May 15 in the identified high-risk areas for COVID-19, including the city.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories