All personnel of the Police Regional Office XI are still free from COVID-19 as they strictly adopt prevention and mitigation measures to guard against infection.
“We are happy to say that in PRO XI, our personnel are COVID-19-free, attributing it to the discipline of the police despite their deployment in checkpoints and other areas,” Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI director, said.
Among the good practices include personal hygiene, handwashing, wearing of face mask and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE)s and decontamination procedures in all camps.
“We are strict in giving guidance to use PPE, ” he added. “It is one of the most important of the duty of the police to continue the service to the people.”
He thanked the support given by private groups local government units and government officials who provide sacks of rice and PPEs to the frontliners.
Escobal said the PRO XI established 10 regional checkpoints boundaries, three in Davao de Oro, one in Davao Oriental boundary with Surigao del Sur, two in Davao del Sur, and two in Davao Occidental.
He said 2,632 personnel were deployed, mainly manning the checkpoints to manage the entry and exit of essential goods and authorized persons outside of residences.
“We have been supported also by the 10th Infantry Division of the Philippine Army, so it’s a joint checkpoint operation, along with the Department of Health personnel, ” He further said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories