All personnel of the Police Regional Office XI are still free from COVID-19 as they strictly adopt prevention and mitigation measures to guard against infection.
“We are happy to say that in PRO XI, our personnel are COVID-19-free, attributing it to the discipline of the police despite their deployment in checkpoints and other areas,” Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI director, said.
Among the good practices include personal hygiene, handwashing, wearing of face mask and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE)s and decontamination procedures in all camps.
“We are strict in giving guidance to use PPE, ” he added. “It is one of the most important of the duty of the police to continue the service to the people.”
He thanked the support given by private groups local government units and government officials who provide sacks of rice and PPEs to the frontliners.
Escobal said the PRO XI established 10 regional checkpoints boundaries, three in Davao de Oro, one in Davao Oriental boundary with Surigao del Sur, two in Davao del Sur, and two in Davao Occidental.
He said 2,632 personnel were deployed, mainly manning the checkpoints to manage the entry and exit of essential goods and authorized persons outside of residences.
“We have been supported also by the 10th Infantry Division of the Philippine Army, so it’s a joint checkpoint operation, along with the Department of Health personnel, ” He further said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission