The lack of funds is what caused the discontinuation of the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP), the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Region XI bared.
The admission came about after its central office released a statement last week that it has stopped the financial assistance for private workers under CAMP last week.
From March 23 until April 15, DOLE XI was able to provide around P63 million worth of financial assistance to 12,589 workers from 783 private establishments.
On a national scope, P1.2 billion in financial assistance was disbursed to 236,412 workers from 10,663 private establishments.
CAMP is a program where affected employees from private establishments may be given assistance by the agency through financial support.
The agency assured that those applications that are approved, on-process, or pending have been recommended to the central office for additional funds however the final decision shall be on the central office.
Moreover, applicants who weren’t able to receive the financial assistance from the CAMP are listed and given to the Department of Finance for the transition to the Small Business Wage Subsidy (SBWS) Program of the agency.
The SBWS Program is a wage subsidy of between P5,000 to P8,000, depending on the minimum wage of the region, for affected employees of small businesses per month through the Social Security System (SSS).
Just like CAMP, the application for the SBWS Program shall be complied by the employer on behalf of their employees. The SSS will only be accepting applications from April 16 to April 30.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos