Through the SM Foundation, Inc. (SMFI), the SM Group is donating over PhP 170 million towards the fight against COVID-19, surpassing its initial allocation of P100 million.
In Davao City, medical supplies and hundreds of sets of personal protective
equipment were distributed by SMFI for support to the primary healthcare provider in the city: Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC). The donations were given last April 8 and April 14, 2020. These were received by SPMC chief Dr. Leopoldo Vega.
SPMC is the largest hospital in the Davao region and is at the forefront of fighting COVID-19 in the south. SPMC mobilizes over one hundred – twenty frontliners during the pandemic and SM supports them through this contribution to equip medical workers with the proper tools to manage patients in the hospital facilities.
The SMFI also extended support for the Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in Tagum City. The team of Dr. Bryan Dalid, DRMC medical center chief, received the donations last April 15, 2020.
The donated medical supplies included PPEs, N95 masks, surgical masks, alcohol, goggles and medical gloves.
SM has committed in ensuring that Davao and its communities, contain and overcome the COVID-19 crisis. SM has also extended support to over fifty health institutions throughout the country.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success