Two men were arrested for allegedly violating the liquor ban and for failing to wear a face mask in Barangay Indangan, Buhangin District on Monday evening.
Buhangin Police Station personnel were on patrol when they chanced upon Michael Leo Awanas Janjalani, 46, and Ismael Abas Yuso, 33, driver, both residents of Phase 1, Deca Homes, Barangay Indangan.
Maj. Estrello Ramiso, the commander of Buhangin police, said the two even resisted arrest and attaked the police.
According to the report, a concerned citizen tipped the patrolling officers about two men drinking liquor. When they tried to arrest the suspects, they became rowdy and even pushed a patrolman who fell down to the ground.
The suspects were restrained with the help of reinforcements. Seized from them was a bottle of whiskey.
They were apprehended for direct assault, violation of the liquor ban under R.A 11332 in relation to EO 23 or the enhanced community quarantine. The suspects were also not wearing protective masks and not carrying their food and medicine passes, which will be added to their charge.
For now, the suspects are temporarily detained in the Buhangin police.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market