The Task Force Davao has adopted a more strategic approach to maximize personnel by focusing deployment to areas where COVID-19 cases are more prevalent.
According to data, Talomo and Buhangin both topped the number of confirmed patients in the city, both hitting well over 20 cases.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of Task Force Davao, said the strategy is part of the AFP’s “carrier-centric approach” to ensure that “suspected” and “probable” individuals are quarantined in their respective households.
“Since we have clearly identified areas of Buhangin, Talomo, and the Poblacion, more checkpoints will be established in these areas,” Yecla said.
The TF Davao will use additional troops for this purpose from its higher headquarters, the 10th Infantry Division based in Mawab, Davao de Oro.
Earlier, taking the lead from Mayor Sara Duterte, the contingent has deployed its available armored vehicles in the main streets of the city to help bolster the quarantine control points (QCPs) and prevent unnecessary movement of people and vehicles.
Through the use of a geographic information system or GIS, the Task Force was able to plot areas with a high level of prevalence for COVID-19 in Davao City.
It also coordinated with the City Health Office and Emergency Operations Center to plot the “density map” or “heat map.”
At least 12 more QCPs will be established by TF Davao in the focused areas.
Yecla asked the 100% cooperation of the people in areas where the number of confirmed cases is very high.
“Since the city is in the second month of quarantine, we should be more deliberate in our approach to give this coronavirus the coup de grâce or final blow to end its spread in the city,” he added.
The Task Force Davao commander also asked the Davaoeños to stay home and be part of the solution rather than asking for exemptions in the clustering and number coding scheme for the food and medicine pass.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success