A New People’s Army member surrendered to the 30th Infantry Battalion in Surigao del Norte around 5 p.m. on April 16.
Lt Col. Jeffrey Villarosa, the 30IB commanding officer, said the rebel also pointed to an arms cache in Sitio Baliw, Barangay Payapag, Surigao del Norte.
Soldiers recovered one M14 rifle, an M16 rifle with two magazines, one KG9 pistol and two magazines, one Uzi with one magazine, ammunition, and three 50-meter rolls of electric wire.
The rebel was a former member of the Regional Sentro De Gravidad (RSDG) , North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee (NEMRC).
Villarosa said, “As a frontliner in our fight against threats to our national security, it always brings joy to our hearts to welcome former NPA rebels.”
He said the surrenderee will be briefed and enrolled in the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program of the government to help his transition into a normal life.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market