Even with the suspension of public transport, jeepney drivers enrolled in the Tupad program will continue to provide sweat equity through the extended enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
Normal Baloro, Presidential Commission for the Urban Poor (PCUP) supervising commissioner for Mindanao and Tupad coordinator, said on Saturday that the government is enforcing a “no work, no pay” policy for the public utility jeepney drivers.
He urged those beneficiaries to continue with their obligations in cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing inside and outside of their homes, which were also part of the job given to them under the Tupad program.
“If you are living near the barangay hall, district hall, government parks, and PUJ terminals, we are urging you to participate in the cleaning operations until the ECQ will be lifted, but please observe physical/social distancing everytime,” Baloro added.
Baloro also urged PUJ drivers to take photo of themselves while working on their assigned tasks every day except for Saturday, Sunday and holidays. This, he said, will serve as proof in the daily accomplishment (report) of the beneficiaries, which will also be monitored by the Department of Labor and Employment.
He said the program is a community-based package of assistance to provide emergency employment to the displaced drivers and seasonal workers. “It is not a dole-out, therefore, it is only appropriate for you to work for you to be compensated,” he added.
The beneficiaries are expected to receive a total amount of P11,880 for their 30 days of work under the program.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos