It was an American president, John F. Kennedy, who recognized the Chinese for taking advantage of a crisis. He said: “The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger–but recognize the opportunity.”
Of course, crises usually result in panic, and this is understandable because it is hard to prepare for uncertainties. One must consider that even the most developed economies, China and America and other first world countries, have grappled with the contagion that even with their deep pockets they have failed to arrest the spread of the virus.
Despite the situation, people must remember that even with the pandemic, it is always better to look forward to what is to come .
In looking forward, one can bring with him or her the lessons that they have learned even as they have continued to stay at their homes working or just letting time pass by.
For one, there will be “new normal” aspects of life that must be adopted to ensure that living after the pandemic will be at par, if not better than before it. People may take this mindset with the grain of salt, but the fact remains that it is better to be hopeful than fearful.
Achieving this mindset will take a lot of courage, but no matter what happens, tomorrow will continue to be the future. And until it comes, one cannot do anything about it but prepare enthusiastically in order to save energy which can be just wasted for worrying.
The people must also look at what opportunities can be created and pounce on these without, of course, taking advantage of the others. Uncertainties bring both fear and hope, and it depends on someone what he or she wants to choose.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market