A total of 64,344 families in Davao Oriental will receive the P6,000 from the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
Based on the information released by the provincial government on Saturday, these beneficiaries belong to the low-income households and other vulnerable sectors of the province who are the “hardest hit” by the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
Around P617 million has already been downloaded to all the 11 local government units of the province and is now ready for disbursement, according to social welfare and development officer Reynante Cruz.
The disbursement of the financial aid will proceed once the final lists of the beneficiaries are submitted by the LGUs and validated by the DSWD.
“Once the lists are finalized, the social amelioration cards will be distributed house-to-house to be filled out by the head of the household,” said Cruz.
The DSWD has already disbursed cash assistance in some barangays in the municipalities of Boston, Tarragona, and Baganga.
Under the program, qualified family beneficiaries will receive P6,000 for the month of April and another P6,000 for the month of May. The P6,000 subsidy was computed based on the prevailing minimum wage rate in the region.
Around 44,000 Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries are automatically considered recipients of the program. They have already received P4,650, which is part of the total P6,000 emergency subsidy downloaded directly to their cash cards. The remaining P1,350 covers the beneficiaries’ rice subsidy and health grants amounting to P600, and P750, respectively.
Meanwhile, Governor Nelson Dayanghirang appealed to the local officials to seriously take on their role in the identification of recipients, also warning those who will take advantage of the situation.
“Give to the people what they are entitled to,” he said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat