The Department of Health XI (DOH XI) has already contact-traced 2,690 individuals, 853 of whom were exposed to Matina Gallera derby, with suspected COVID-19 cases.
Based on the data as of April 18, the agency revealed that of 853 cases, 260 individuals are from Davao City, 245 from Davao del Norte, 135 from Davao del Sur, 91 from Davao Oriental, 29 from Davao Occidental, eight from Davao de Oro, and 85 are from other regions.
The 2,690 individuals were confirmed to have close contacts with the 99 confirmed cases in the region. Of the total, 2,513 were already interviewed and monitored.
Of the 99 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 26 had been exposed to Matina Gallera, 18 had histories of travel in Manila, 23 were exposed to confirmed patients, 19 were exposed to suspected cases, eight had travel histories from other places, and five have no known exposureS.
Meanwhile, of the 23 cases who were exposed to individuals who tested positive for COVID-19, nine were traced to have an exposure to people who had travel histories from Manila, seven were exposed to confirmed cases who were also in close contacts with suspected cases, six were exposed to confirmed cases who went to Matina Gallera, and one had an exposure to an individual who had a travel history in Singapore.
The region also recorded 16 mortalities as of April 18. Of this number, eight were exposed to suspected cases, six had been to Matina Gallera, one had a travel history in Manila and one had a travel history from Singapore.
Davao City has 83 confirmed cases as of April 18 with 48 recoveries and 16 deaths, Davao del Norte has nine confirmed cases with four recoveries, Davao del Sur with two who have recovered already, Davao de Oro with one who also recovered already, Davao Oriental with three who recovered already and Davao Occidental with none.
Talomo District still has the highest number of positive cases with 28, followed by Buhangin District with 24. Poblacion has 11, Agdao with five, Toril with four, Bunawan, Calinan and Paquibato with one each, and nine outside of Davao City. (With Warren Elijah Valdez)
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission