A Communist couple surrendered to the 73rd Infantry Battalion last Friday so they could be with their two-year-old son.
They were identified as Alias Toy, 23, a resident of Jose Abad Santos, Davao Occidental is the commanding officer of Platoon Central, Guerilla Front Tala, Far Southern Mindanao Region, and his party wife, alias Len, 25, a resident of Malapatan, Sarangani, and the front medical officer of the said unit.
Accordingly, the couple has a son whom they left behind to relatives upon giving birth.
“We were just looking for a chance to surrender,” they told soldiers. “We want to be with our son and take care of him.”
“We were blinded by the false promises of the NPA that they will support our family. In reality, they do not care,” Len added.
Troy said the difficulties in the mountain and the COVID-19 crisis also strengthened their resolve to surrender.
“We only eat once a day. We are afraid of what our future will be if we still stay in the organization,” he added.
Lt. Col. Ronaldo Valdez, commander of the 73rd IB, personally gave cash assistance to the couple for their necessities.
“We will make sure that the couple will meet their son and will avail the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program of the government,” he added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market