Davaoeños are urged to opt for simple celebrations that would limit the crowd to under 25 people as the city will be under a period of mourning and vigilance for the remainder of 2020.
“The private sectors, if they have celebrations, the can (instead) consider food distribution, feeding program, or giving financial assistance to their employees,” said Mayor Sara Duterte in an interview Friday.
Companies are also urged to give financial assistance to their employees instead of hosting party celebrations.
“I’m sure they (employees) will need that more in the coming months – during enrollment, payment of bills, and amortization, something like that,” she said.
The mayor on Friday issued Executive Order No. 25 declaring a period of mourning and vigilance in Davao City, which includes provisions stating the cancellation of extravagant celebrations and activities within the city, one of which advises the private sectors with big celebrations to postpone such undertaking until 2021.
“There is a provision in our Civil Code about this ‘thoughtless in expenses for pleasure or display during a (period of public) want or emergencies can be stopped by the government. So, the government can file similar to a restraining order,” Duterte said, citing Article 25, Chapter 2 of the Civil Code of the Philippines.
Duterte also reminded the public to be mindful having celebrations as everyone is also coping with the impact of the protocols being implemented in the city due to COVID-19.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success