How we spend our days in quarantine is sometimes a matter of choice. For some, it is concern for our country, the health of our people and the willingness to serve that keeps us busy, done in so many ways.
Our friends who are Davaoenos but who have chosen to reside abroad, but who continue to spend their vacation in Davao City almost every year stay in contact with us. We are referring to the Domingo sisters, whose father, Hernando Domingo was from Camiling, Tarlac and was a US War Veteran.
Their mother was Angeles Domingo, a teacher by profession, who worked as Part-time Librarian at the Rizal Memorial Colleges. Both were retired public school teachers when they left for the United States.
Atoy and Rose “Inday” Domingo – Ozoa live in San Jose, California. Rosa Linda Domingo-Lubaton (formerly Pastoriza) stays in Fresno. Rosalie “Amay” Domingo- Barraquias now stays in Melbourne, Australia. Rosa Jasmin Domingo Aguilar (formerly Malolot), a former broadcaster from DXRP Radyo ng Bayan Davao, now Radyo Pilipinas now lives in San Jose, Dalifornia. She travels to Florida where her grandchildren stay with their mom Joanna Malolot Quinalola and their dad.
People staying home nowadays are considered ‘unsung heroes’, too. Even President Rodrigo R. Duterte, in his latest TV appearance expressed his exasperation at not being able to go home to his family in this very stressful time of Covid-19, trying his very best to control the pandemic to save lives.
But stay home, we must, and do everything we can to keep this deadly virus from destroying what we all have succeeded in building in this life.
Photo credits: Rose Domingo Ozoa/Rosajasmin Domingo Aguilar
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories