The enhanced community quarantine was extended to April 26 as announced by Mayor Sara Duterte Wednesday night over Davao City Disaster Radio, a week more from its supposed lifting on April 19. In addition to the curfew imposed from 6pm to 6am, the city will tighten its implementation of the stay at home regime, by further limiting the movement of people to markets and malls.
On the streets, police officers are flagging down motorists to check on their passes and their purpose for going out. There is no room for complacency if we are serious in putting a stop to COVID 19. Figures coming out are still a cause for concern, hence the extension and stricter implementation by the city. Last Wednesday, 3 new cases and one death were recorded by the Department of Health in the region.
Yesterday, another measure was imposed, this time enforcing a system for the food and medicine pass beginning April 18. According to City Police Director Col. Kirby John Kraft, this will further trim down the number of people congregating in malls and markets. Social distancing, one of the mechanisms to combat the spread of the virus, becomes difficult to comply with.
This entails more police enforcers checking pass holders of motorists on the major thoroughfare. FM pass holders with a control number starting with odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 ) will only be allowed outside the house on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while FM pass holders with control number starting with even numbers (2,4,6, 8 and 0) will only be allowed on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
The region remains on lockdown, with hopes that the next week will present better results in the fight against COVID 19. It has been repeatedly stressed that it takes all of us to stop the spread of this highly infectious virus. If we continue to defy the measures imposed, we will also continue the anxiety and misery brought about by this virus.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market