Stranded Davaoeños can expect the continued help of the local government as the region-wide lockdown has been extended to April 26.
Mayor Sara Duterte, in an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday, said that there are 206 Davaoeños around the country who sought their support. These individuals were recorded based on the information gathered from the official social media platforms of the Davao City Government.
Duterte has announced the extension of the enhanced community quarantine and the region-wide lockdown to make sure that the region will be able to contain the virus.
The extension of the ECQ means the continued prohibition of the entry of land, sea and air travel in Davao Region.
With this, the city government, as well as other governors in Davao Region, will continue to assist the affected residents.
“We will continue to send them support for the duration of the enhanced community quarantine,” the mayor said.
The mayor did not divulge the details of the support to avoid misinformation and possible fraudulent acts from abusive people.
Stranded residents may reach out through Davao City Reports hotline numbers 0919 072 2222 and 0917 131 2333 or its official Facebook page or through the Davao City Disaster Radio Facebook Page.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories