The Davao City Police Office will enforce a new schedule system for the food and medicine (FM) pass starting on April 18, as part of the stricter enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) that was extended to April 26.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, DCPO director, said the FM pass holder with a control number starting with odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 ) will only be allowed outside the house on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
The FM pass holder whose control number starts with even numbers (2,4,6, 8 and 0) will only be allowed outside of the residence on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
“With this system, we can minimize the number of persons outside of the residence, “Kraft said. “We will also be strict in filing cases against those who will violate this scheme.”
Meanwhile, all private vehicles are not allowed to travel on Sunday, the police said. For now, all FM passes could not be used on Sundays, except those who are buying medicines.
The city police director also said that motorists can expect long queues at the quarantine control points as the law enforcers are directed to scrutinize all passing vehicles.
The ECQ is supposed to end on April 19 but Mayor Sara Duterte said this has been extended to April 26 on the advice of the doctors. With the extended ECQ, the borders of the region will remain closed to air, sea, and land travel, except for vital cargo and emergencies.
“(No one) can go inside the city, however, (anyone) can go out anytime,” she said.
She said the extension was decided upon by officials of the region on Wednesday amid the three new positive cases in the city. The meeting was attended by governors and mayors of the other provinces and municipalities.
On Wednesday also, the Department of Health (DOH) XI confirmed a new death due to COVID-19.
“The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) decided to extend the implementation of the ECQ for an additional seven days. So, it is half of the incubation period,” she said.
She said based on the observations of government doctors, there is a fluctuation of COVID-19 incidents in the region.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market