One hundred poor families received relief goods from the 5th Civil-Relations Group and private sector as part of the “Kapwa Ko, Sagot Ko” campaign for the current health crisis.
Capt Benedick Cagatin, commander of the 51st Civil Relations Unit of CRG, led the distribution of relief goods, consisting of 15 kilos of rice, three pieces of canned goods, and two pieces of noodles for each family.
The relief goods were donated by Jeffrey Jess S. Mataro and personnel of 5th CRG intended for 100 poor families of different puroks in Barangay Doña Andrea, Asuncion, Davao del Norte in partnership with the 60th Infantry Battalion and barangay officials of Barangay Doña Andrea, headed by its chairman Al M. Sumalhag.
“We estimate that the 15 kilos for each family can be consumed until the end of the month,” Cagatin said. “We consider those beneficiaries as belonging to the poorest of the poor. Meaning, they do not have other sources of income.”
The “Kapwa Ko, Sagot Ko” is a project of the Civil Relations Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines with the aim of helping families affected by the COVID-19 crisis. The project aims to help poor families by providing for their basic needs until the enhanced community quarantine is lifted in the country.
For those who wish to be part of the program and extend a donation please contact the 5th Civil Relations Group at 0917-895-0975.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market