Four women were arrested for gambling and failing to observe social distancing in Purok 2, Barangay Del Pilar, New Corella, Davao Del Norte around 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
They were identified as Evelyn Gatab Pondoc, 42, housewife; Milamie Deguilmo Rosales, 39, single, jobless; Miranda Baksan Rosales, 44, married, laborer; Merilyn Rosales Anong, 35, housewife, all residents of the area.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said authorities received a phone call from a concerned citizen informing them about the illegal activity at the house of Milamie.
A team was dispatched the verify the information and the team arrested the suspects, who were visible on plain sight from the street.
Confiscated from their possession were one set of playing cards, eight pieces five peso coins, three pieces 10 peso coins, and a one-peso coin with a total amount of P71.
The suspects are now under the custody of the New Corrella Municipal Police Station.
- DCWD office operations on August 19, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Inside Samsung’s Ultra Thin Glass Innovation
- RCHRMP president rallies for competency in the gov’t workforce
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Malaysian companies bullish on PH
- Alsons Dev launches Poblacion Market Central, DC’s latest attraction where heritage meets hip
- EGALITARIAN | Culture of security and safety
- HONORING MY MOTHER | A new hobby for older men
- Bahay Pag-Asa marks 14 years