Four women were arrested for gambling and failing to observe social distancing in Purok 2, Barangay Del Pilar, New Corella, Davao Del Norte around 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
They were identified as Evelyn Gatab Pondoc, 42, housewife; Milamie Deguilmo Rosales, 39, single, jobless; Miranda Baksan Rosales, 44, married, laborer; Merilyn Rosales Anong, 35, housewife, all residents of the area.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said authorities received a phone call from a concerned citizen informing them about the illegal activity at the house of Milamie.
A team was dispatched the verify the information and the team arrested the suspects, who were visible on plain sight from the street.
Confiscated from their possession were one set of playing cards, eight pieces five peso coins, three pieces 10 peso coins, and a one-peso coin with a total amount of P71.
The suspects are now under the custody of the New Corrella Municipal Police Station.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course