Four women were arrested for gambling and failing to observe social distancing in Purok 2, Barangay Del Pilar, New Corella, Davao Del Norte around 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
They were identified as Evelyn Gatab Pondoc, 42, housewife; Milamie Deguilmo Rosales, 39, single, jobless; Miranda Baksan Rosales, 44, married, laborer; Merilyn Rosales Anong, 35, housewife, all residents of the area.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said authorities received a phone call from a concerned citizen informing them about the illegal activity at the house of Milamie.
A team was dispatched the verify the information and the team arrested the suspects, who were visible on plain sight from the street.
Confiscated from their possession were one set of playing cards, eight pieces five peso coins, three pieces 10 peso coins, and a one-peso coin with a total amount of P71.
The suspects are now under the custody of the New Corrella Municipal Police Station.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market