Four women were arrested for gambling and failing to observe social distancing in Purok 2, Barangay Del Pilar, New Corella, Davao Del Norte around 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
They were identified as Evelyn Gatab Pondoc, 42, housewife; Milamie Deguilmo Rosales, 39, single, jobless; Miranda Baksan Rosales, 44, married, laborer; Merilyn Rosales Anong, 35, housewife, all residents of the area.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said authorities received a phone call from a concerned citizen informing them about the illegal activity at the house of Milamie.
A team was dispatched the verify the information and the team arrested the suspects, who were visible on plain sight from the street.
Confiscated from their possession were one set of playing cards, eight pieces five peso coins, three pieces 10 peso coins, and a one-peso coin with a total amount of P71.
The suspects are now under the custody of the New Corrella Municipal Police Station.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?