Authorities arrested 21 individuals and seized 20 gamefowls after raiding several illegal cockfighting operations since March 15.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, city police director, said they launched 10 operations and filed eight cases against the arrested suspects for illegal gambling. He said they also confiscated a total of P2,750 in bet money.
On Tuesday, Mayor Sara Duterte directed the police to confiscate gamefowls that are used for illegal cockfighting. She said boredom is not an excuse to violate the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ).
The cock derby at New Davao Matina Gallera from March 6 to March 14, 2020, was believed to have been the source of COVID-19 infection not only in Davao City but also in other parts of Mindanao.
As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, the Department of Health Davao reported 92 cases of COVID-19 in the region with 52 recoveries.
Davao City recorded the highest number of COVID-19 cases with 76 followed by Davao del Norte with nine. Meanwhile, Davao del Sur has two, Davao de Oro has two, Davao Oriental had three recovered patients and no reported case in Davao Occidental.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories