Another two suspects were caught in a dragnet for allegedly selling 20 overpriced infrared thermometers along Mamay Road, Barangay Angliongto, Buhangin District at 5:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
They were identified as Zosimo Madanlo Paragoso Jr., and Ryan Medina Falcatan.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) -Davao City Field Unit (DCFU), said they received a tip that two were selling each infrared thermometer for P8,200, which was higher than the standard retail price of P3,400.
The confiscated items were valued at P68,000. Also seized during the operation were one bundle of boodle money, P500 marked bill, and one sheet of cash invoice (Equilab Traders).
‘We are constantly reminding the public, consumers and online sellers to be aware of the standard selling price set forth by the government during this public emergency health crisis,” she said.
The joint operation was conducted by CIDG 11-Davao City Field Unit, Special Operations Group and City Intelligence Unit of the Davao City Police Office, Sta. Ana Police Station, Philippine Air Force, and the Department of Trade and Industry XI.
“Despite our seven operations and 17 persons arrested in Davao City, yet, still, we have monitored online sellers selling overpriced medical supplies and even basic commodities,” she added.
The arrested persons were turned over to the Sta. Ana Police Station, as they face a case for violation of RA 7581 Price Act of 1992, as amended by RA 10623 and RA 11332.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market