We have known her to be a compassionate woman, ever ready to extend a helping hand to those who need help in any way. She heads the House of Hope Foundation volunteers and works at the GSIS.
The lady is Fatima-Inderah D. Disomimda of GSIS Davao Branch, whom I run to whenever I encounter problems with my GSIS Pension.
Her generosity caught our attention when she posted photos on Facebook. “It was a project I initiated and requested my club, Quota International of Davao City and my office, GSIS Davao Branch, to partner for the said project – “Improvised Face Shield Masks for Covid 19 Frontliners”, she explains.
“I requested Aaron Paul Arciaga of Kiwanis International Philippines South District Division 7 & 8 to teach us how to do it. Eventually, the Kiwanis Division joined the project. We made 1,345 face shield masks which were distributed to as far as various hospitals in Agusan del Sur. We also sent it to the Provincial Government of Davao de Oro. One hundred pieces were sent to the Province of Sultan Kudarat,” said.
The bulk of their products were distributed within Davao City, mostly to security guards, outposts along the borders of the city, store attendants, barangay tanod, officials, purok leaders, taxi drivers and frontliners of government offices.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead