We have known her to be a compassionate woman, ever ready to extend a helping hand to those who need help in any way. She heads the House of Hope Foundation volunteers and works at the GSIS.
The lady is Fatima-Inderah D. Disomimda of GSIS Davao Branch, whom I run to whenever I encounter problems with my GSIS Pension.
Her generosity caught our attention when she posted photos on Facebook. “It was a project I initiated and requested my club, Quota International of Davao City and my office, GSIS Davao Branch, to partner for the said project – “Improvised Face Shield Masks for Covid 19 Frontliners”, she explains.
“I requested Aaron Paul Arciaga of Kiwanis International Philippines South District Division 7 & 8 to teach us how to do it. Eventually, the Kiwanis Division joined the project. We made 1,345 face shield masks which were distributed to as far as various hospitals in Agusan del Sur. We also sent it to the Provincial Government of Davao de Oro. One hundred pieces were sent to the Province of Sultan Kudarat,” said.
The bulk of their products were distributed within Davao City, mostly to security guards, outposts along the borders of the city, store attendants, barangay tanod, officials, purok leaders, taxi drivers and frontliners of government offices.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized