Over 375,000 relief goods were delivered to all 182 barangays in the city.
In an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio on Monday, Mayor Sara Duterte said that the City Social Welfare and Development (CSWDO) already delivered 375,598 goods to the affected families.
“It already exceeded our target,” she said. “They are still delivering some goods to those who have not yet received theirs.”
She also clarified that the distribution of relief goods was conducted on Thursday, not Saturday.
The first district was already given 158,694 grocery packs, the second district got 150,501 food packs, and the third district received 66,403 packs.
The CSWDO will be continuing its operations in Paquibato, two barangays in Buhangin, Cabantian and Pampanga. Calinan, Marilog, Baguio and Tugbok received the relief goods on Monday.
The City Agriculture Office and the City Veterinarian’s Office are focusing on 98 identified barangays with informal sectors and daily wage earners.
The city government also distributed sacks of rice to the barangays. However, City Hall has yet to receive the report.
“There are also donations from private sectors and we have repacked them to be given to those who should’ve been given with grocery packs but they don’t have ration cards,” she said.
A quick response team from the City Mayor’s Office was assigned to deliver the aid to people who were able to seek help from Davao helplines. She said around 2,000 goods were repacked.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1