Two farmers were arrested for illegal cockfighting in Sitio Panay, Purok 6, Barangay Magading, Nabunturan, Davao de Oro on Friday.
They were identified as Faith Torreon Lambojon, a resident of Purok 1, and Riejhan Almeñea Tribunalo, 29, and a resident of Purok-3A, both from Barangay Banag-Banag, Montevista.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said a concerned citizen gave police a tip about the illegal activity. The raiding team then went to the area to verify the report and chanced upon the two suspects.
However, they are also trying to track down 20 other men who managed to evade arrest.
Confiscated from the possession of the suspects were three fighting cocks and P200 cash, believed to be the money used for betting.
The suspects are now temporarily held in the Nabunturan Municipal Police Station, as they face a case for violation of Presidential Decree 1602.
Meanwhile, the Nabunturan police also arrested a construction worker for playing the card game, tong-its, on Sunday. his five companions managed to run away.
The suspect was identified as Noel Delgado, 47, a resident of Purok 10, Barangay Poblacion, Nabunturan.
Confiscated items were two sets playing cards and P120 in bet money. The suspect is now in the custody of the Nabunturan police, awaiting the case to be filed against him for violating PD 1602.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos