The Enhanced Community Quarantine being implemented in the entire Davao Region, including Davao City, will be extended for one week.
The ECQ is supposed to end on April 19, but Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte said this has been extended to April 26.
Mayor Inday said under the extended ECQ, the borders of the city will remain closed to traffic, except for vital cargoes and emergencies.
This means that even the airport will remain closed, along with the seaports.
“(No one) can go inside the city, however, (anyone) can go out anytime,” she said.
She said the extension was decided upon by officials of the region on Wednesday amid the three new positive cases in the city. The meeting was attended by governors and mayors, including herself, Mayor Inday added.
On Wednesday also, the Department of Health (DOH) 11 confirmed that there was also a new death in the city.
“Na-desisyunan sa Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) na mag extend og additional seven days sa implementation sa ECQ. So it is half of the incubation period,” she said.
She said based on the observations of government doctors, there is a fluctuation of Covid-19 incidents in the region.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories