The Department of Health (DOH) now has traced 738 individuals with exposure to Matina Gallera.
Dr. Lenny Rivera, DOH XI assistant regional director, said during the virtual press conference on Monday that a total of 2,205 individuals were already traced in the region. Last week, the department had tracked down 1,937 individuals.
Davao City already contacted 194 individuals. Meanwhile, Davao del Norte had 238, Davao del Sur with 135, Davao Occidental with 29, Davao de Oro traced six cases, and other regions with 46. The remaining 1,457 individuals traced were not related to the Matina Gallera event.
The DOH has recorded 90 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the region, with 14 mortalities and 52 recoveries.
In Davao City, there are 74 confirmed cases with 41 recoveries and 14 deaths. Davao del Norte has nine with four recoveries, Davao del Sur with two who already recovered, Davao de Oro with one who also recovered already, Davao Oriental with three who also recovered successfully, and Davao Occidental remains free from the virus.
Meanwhile, Rivera also explained the new classifications of individuals which will be categorized based on a certain criteria. However, it was not clearly stated whether to use the new classification or not.
Rivera said that for a mild, severe or critical individual to be a suspected case, they should exhibit influenza-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat) or have exposure to infected places with local transmission within 14 days before manifesting the symptoms.
People who belong to this classification are those 60 years old and older, people with co-morbidities, critical pregnancy and the health workers. Suspected cases are also those who acquired severe lung or respiratory problems without knowing the cause.
Probable cases are patients with mild, severe or critical conditions, but have not yet been confirmed by test results.
“We can actually start treating the patient based on the professional and clinical assessment of our physician,” Rivera said.
As for the confirmed case, these are patients who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant