Meanwhile, the city government is serving hot meals in 13 barangays of Paquibato District through community cooking.
According to the City Information Office (CIO), the program is part of the commitment to not let anyone get hungry during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The community cooking was organized by the Davao City Peace 911 for Paquibato District to serve rice porridge (lugaw) to residents during the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ).
Peace 911 has identified areas where barangays can conduct community cooking.
“Each area will prepare one flagon of lugaw per day and will be distributed every other day for four times a week,” she said.
Peace 911 focal person Roger Baay said that his team has delivered ingredients over the weekend for the free meals. The city also allocated 52 sacks per week for the community cooking, targeting 3,120 Paquibato residents per day.
“The community cooking is established to ensure that no person, especially in far-flung barangays in Paquibato District will get hungry,” Baay said.
Serving hot meals is one of the city government’s four food aid programs for the residents during the implementation of ECQ. The three other programs are the food ration run by the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), the Agri-food Program jointly implemented by the City Agriculturist’s Office and the City Veterinarian’s Office, and the rice distribution by the barangays.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant