A 41-year-old man was arrested for allegedly selling refilled LPG butane canisters in Purok Virgo, Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang) last Wednesday.
He was identified as Philip James Lonio Remolador, married, vendor, and a resident of the area.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), said they confiscated 50 cases or 1,200 pieces of canisters with a market value of P20,400 and the P1,000 boodle money from the suspect.
“We have received information from a concerned citizen allegedly that they are operating for several months now and their supplies are from Tagum City and Panabo area,” Driz said.
The CIDG-Davao City Field Unit worked with the personnel of Bunawan Police Station for the entrapment operation. The suspect is detained by the Bunawan police.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online