A 41-year-old man was arrested for allegedly selling refilled LPG butane canisters in Purok Virgo, Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang) last Wednesday.
He was identified as Philip James Lonio Remolador, married, vendor, and a resident of the area.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), said they confiscated 50 cases or 1,200 pieces of canisters with a market value of P20,400 and the P1,000 boodle money from the suspect.
“We have received information from a concerned citizen allegedly that they are operating for several months now and their supplies are from Tagum City and Panabo area,” Driz said.
The CIDG-Davao City Field Unit worked with the personnel of Bunawan Police Station for the entrapment operation. The suspect is detained by the Bunawan police.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls