A man who posed as a member of the Philippine Army was nabbed in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur last Friday.
Police identified him as Chadee Elsa Palay, 32, electrician, and a resident of Purok 4, Barangay Kanapolo of Magsaysay.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said Palay was flagged down at the checkpoint for COVID-19 in Barangay New Opon Compac.
The suspect introduced himself as a confidential agent of the Special Operation Command (Socom) under the Philippine Army and likewise presented his identification card. But Socom is not a recognized division of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, prompting his arrest.
He is facing a case for usurpation of authority under Art. 177 of the Revised Penal Code.
Maj. Jeffmar T. Tercero, chief of police of Magsaysay Municipal Police Station, reminded the public to adhere to the stay at home policy.
“We are persistently performing our tasks with utmost responsibility and we insistently go after those who are not keeping the law,” he said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission