A man who posed as a member of the Philippine Army was nabbed in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur last Friday.
Police identified him as Chadee Elsa Palay, 32, electrician, and a resident of Purok 4, Barangay Kanapolo of Magsaysay.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said Palay was flagged down at the checkpoint for COVID-19 in Barangay New Opon Compac.
The suspect introduced himself as a confidential agent of the Special Operation Command (Socom) under the Philippine Army and likewise presented his identification card. But Socom is not a recognized division of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, prompting his arrest.
He is facing a case for usurpation of authority under Art. 177 of the Revised Penal Code.
Maj. Jeffmar T. Tercero, chief of police of Magsaysay Municipal Police Station, reminded the public to adhere to the stay at home policy.
“We are persistently performing our tasks with utmost responsibility and we insistently go after those who are not keeping the law,” he said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories