A man who posed as a member of the Philippine Army was nabbed in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur last Friday.
Police identified him as Chadee Elsa Palay, 32, electrician, and a resident of Purok 4, Barangay Kanapolo of Magsaysay.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said Palay was flagged down at the checkpoint for COVID-19 in Barangay New Opon Compac.
The suspect introduced himself as a confidential agent of the Special Operation Command (Socom) under the Philippine Army and likewise presented his identification card. But Socom is not a recognized division of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, prompting his arrest.
He is facing a case for usurpation of authority under Art. 177 of the Revised Penal Code.
Maj. Jeffmar T. Tercero, chief of police of Magsaysay Municipal Police Station, reminded the public to adhere to the stay at home policy.
“We are persistently performing our tasks with utmost responsibility and we insistently go after those who are not keeping the law,” he said.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed