A man who posed as a member of the Philippine Army was nabbed in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur last Friday.
Police identified him as Chadee Elsa Palay, 32, electrician, and a resident of Purok 4, Barangay Kanapolo of Magsaysay.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said Palay was flagged down at the checkpoint for COVID-19 in Barangay New Opon Compac.
The suspect introduced himself as a confidential agent of the Special Operation Command (Socom) under the Philippine Army and likewise presented his identification card. But Socom is not a recognized division of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, prompting his arrest.
He is facing a case for usurpation of authority under Art. 177 of the Revised Penal Code.
Maj. Jeffmar T. Tercero, chief of police of Magsaysay Municipal Police Station, reminded the public to adhere to the stay at home policy.
“We are persistently performing our tasks with utmost responsibility and we insistently go after those who are not keeping the law,” he said.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead