An indigent family in Sitio Balagolan, Barangay Sinayawan, Hagonoy, Davao del Sur received food packs and grocery items from the municipal police station as part of the Kapwa ko, Sagot ko, Adopt a Family program.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said the Hagonoy Municipal Police Station, under the supervision of Lt. Nilo Emborgo, adopted an indigent family with no permanent source of income.
The family’s livelihood was severely affected by the Enhanced Community Quarantine on COVID-19 by providing them with food packs and grocery items.
“We learned to give not because we have much but because we know exactly how it feels to have nothing,” Emborgo said.
The Adopt a Family campaign is an initiative of PNP Director General Archie Gamboa to help those who are in need during the quarantine period.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC