An indigent family in Sitio Balagolan, Barangay Sinayawan, Hagonoy, Davao del Sur received food packs and grocery items from the municipal police station as part of the Kapwa ko, Sagot ko, Adopt a Family program.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said the Hagonoy Municipal Police Station, under the supervision of Lt. Nilo Emborgo, adopted an indigent family with no permanent source of income.
The family’s livelihood was severely affected by the Enhanced Community Quarantine on COVID-19 by providing them with food packs and grocery items.
“We learned to give not because we have much but because we know exactly how it feels to have nothing,” Emborgo said.
The Adopt a Family campaign is an initiative of PNP Director General Archie Gamboa to help those who are in need during the quarantine period.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence