Talomo and Buhangin districts have the most number of positive COVID-19 cases in the city.
According to the report, Talomo had 27 cases while Buhangin has 21 cases. The Poblacion, meanwhile, has nine cases. Rounding up the list are Agdao (4), Toril (2), Bunawan, Calinan, and Paquibato with one case each.
Mayor Sara Duterte also revealed the barangays with positive COVID-19 mortalities, active cases and recoveries.
The areas are the following:
The number of positive COVID-19 cases in Davao City remained at 74 when the Department of Health XI registered zero cases as of 5 p.m. of April 12.
The total number of positive cases in the region was 90, according to the same data. Of the total, 50 have already recovered while 14 died, all in Davao City.
Meanwhile, Mayor Sara Duterte said that the city is not only dealing with COVID-19, but also other potential health crises, as well. The health workers are already stretched thin with the fight against the coronavirus. However, there are recurring cases of rabies and polio, in addition to the threat of measles and polio.
She reminded the public to watch out for stagnant water, which is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
“We can expect a surge in dengue (cases) in May, June, and July,” she said.
Associate Editor at Mindanao Times
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?